Founded in 1983, the Presbyterian Medical Mission is a ministry of healing that serves as the primary medical and dental care provider for low-income uninsured families in an area the size of Iowa.
The Mission’s 6,000 square feet of well-equipped facilities provides a clean professional atmosphere where patients feel comfortable and their dignity is preserved.
To provide these critical services, the Mission employs two physicians and three medical assistants. This five-member team treats an average of 50 patients every weekday in a family practice setting. Several other physicians, specialists and nurses regularly donate time working at the Mission.
The Medical Care Mission…
- Serves over 11,000 patients a year
- Approximately 35,000 active patients
- Has provided 200,000 office visits since 1983
- Serves a 22 county area
- Volunteers perform all clerical work
- Administrative/fundraising costs of less than 6%
- Saves Taylor County over $1 million a year
- 63% of our adult patients are women
Volunteer and financial support is needed. For more information, call 672-5601 or visit the Medical Care Mission’s website.