Our Stephen Ministers are ready to provide you with the confidential, one-to-one Christian care you need to make it through a crisis or help you through a difficult time. Please call or email the church or email one of the Stephen Ministers if you need a Stephen Minister to walk beside you!
A Stephen Minister is…
- A child of God who walks beside a hurting person;
- A caring Christian friend who really listens;
- A member of our congregation who has received 50 hours of training in how to provide distinctively Christian care;
- A person who is ready to focus on your needs;
- A trustworthy confidant who will keep everything you say-and even your identity-confidential; and someone who will faithfully meet with you on a weekly basis for as long as your need persists.
A Stephen Minister is NOT…
- A counselor or therapist;
- A problem solver;
- Someone who runs errands or helps with chores;
- A casual visitor.
Our Stephen Ministers are ready to provide you with the confidential, one-to-one Christian care you need to make it through a crisis or help you through a difficult time.
Because the Bible tells us to:
‘Love one another as I have loved you.’ John 15:12
‘Bear one another’s burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ.’ Galatians 6:2
‘Encourage one another and build each other up.’ 1 Thessalonians 5:11
‘Rejoice with those who rejoice; mourn with those that mourn.’ Romans 12:15
‘Serve one another in love.’ Galatians 5:13
‘Live in Harmony with one another; love as brothers and sisters, be compassionate and humble.’ 1 Peter 3:8
Our Stephen Ministers provide confidential, one-to-one Christian care to people who are in the following situations…
- Grieving the death of a loved one
- Hospitalized or recovering from hospitalization
- Lonely or discouraged
- Coping with a terminal illness or caring for a family member with terminal illness
- Unemployed or in a job crisis
- Disabled or caring for an ill or disabled family member
- Moving or relocating
- New to the congregation or the community
- Anticipating the birth or adoption of a child
- Homebound or institutionalized
- Transitioning into retirement
- Dealing with the crisis of aging
- Experiencing a spiritual crisis
- Victims of a disaster or accident
- Countless other challenges could benefit from the care of a supportive Christian friend
Are you in need…
Of a caring, Christian friend who will listen, empathize, encourage, pray, provide confidential care, and patiently support you as you work through a crisis or difficult time?
Do you know someone…
Perhaps a friend, neighbor, coworker, colleague, or relative, who could benefit from this type of care?
Then contact one of our Stephen Ministry trainers listed below. They can tell you more about our Stephen Ministry and how you—or your friend—can be matched with a Stephen Minister.
Ann Giddens (Email) | Bill Core (Email) | Carlo Sosa-Ortiz (Email)